Sunday, June 15, 2008

Never wake an Icelandic woman!

The whole house was snoring and if i remember correctly i was having a dream about my cat spilling some flower vase in my lounge and me not being able to find anything to dry it up with when something broke my sleep. It sounded like an alarm clock that couldn't make up it's mind on whether to peep or not. As my consciousness regained more and more i realized that the sound didn't sound like an alarm clock any more but some sort of a fairy sound. Like the magical harp sound that you get in cartoons when the fairy good mother appears or a spell is cast.
"It's that toy!" I thought as i rolled out of bed and did my best zombie walk into the bathroom to find the evil perpetrator and kill it. You see- McDonald's have decided to give away these little fairy magical wand toys (looks like a star and has a yellow blinking light on it) that have an electrical device inside it but no batteries or off button and the back is screwed pretty tight on so there is no way for you to turn the sucker off. Becky felt that some magic needed to happen in the bathroom the other night and took the toy into the bath. For those that have seen Short Circuit (1986 movie also known in my home town as Radagodi Robottinn)- you will know that electrical devices are fully capable of taking on a life of their own in order to annoy you and i believe that is what happened when the wand hit the water.
My first idea was to take the wand into the garage and deal with it in the morning but i guess the evil little bugger was afraid of the dark coz as soon as i had closed the door and gone back to my warm and cosy bed it went absolutely spaz and made the magical harp sound over and over and over... LIKE IT WAS BEING TORTURED!! I rushed back to the garage to deal with the noise and in my tired state told the thing "YOU NEED TO DIE!!"
The little pink wand (don't let it fool you that it is little and pink- it is not cute- it is evil!) got marched into the kitchen and stuck head first into a glass of water to drown there.
3 seconds into this act i felt a little bad watching the drowning wand as it blinked away in the dark kitchen and gurgled underwater harp sounds but i didn't let it get to me too much. As soon as the blinking stopped and the sound went out of tune i yanked it out of the glass of water and wrapped it up in kitchen roll paper and buried it in our rubbish bin under the sink.
May it rest there in peace and may I sleep undisturbed tonight!

p.s. please comment if you read my blog- I'd love to know who does. :)
P.P.S. Hrefna- I know you animate dead things all the time but rest assured, the wand is not good- it is evil!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blogs Siffy!
Really must get around to mine... I put the link on my facebook page so I should probably update it soon... tell the world that my year has been a great one so far :) xoxoxoxox

"I got soul, but I'm not a soldier"

Song just came on the radio ;p

Fluffski said...

I read your blog too (well...a bit late in fact, but I do!) I think you should have taken that magic wand and turned Mccdonalds into a pile of poo! Shocking state of affairs! I am highly offened for your hand (fyrir thina hond...haha) xx