Friday, August 1, 2008

Less then a week to go ...

I'm in count-down mode- can ya tell? Only 6 more days to figure out what to take with me- wrap up work and look forward to my trip that i have been talking about for the last 6 months... actually.. more.. !!
Lately i have been going to the movies a lot. Went and saw mamma mia last Saturday with Matt and the girls and absolutely loved it. As well as the story and the music being fab, there was nothing cooler then seeing the girls sing a long to all the songs. ;) they call all ABBA songs "mamma mia music" now and have no comprehension of what Abba is.
Then on the Monday 2 of my friends had arranged a charity movie night where you pay a little extra to see the movie and all the money goes to a charity called CureKids. Felt pretty good to sit down with my popcorn and relax knowing that my money was going to help out little kids with life threatening illnesses rather then just go into some rich guys pocket. We saw Miss Pettigrew lives for a day and it was very sweet. It felt a little like a play because the acting was very extreme and over the top and also because there were only really 2 locations in the whole movie. Very lovely story and a nice night out with some girls. :)
THEN the day after (on the Tuesday) Matt and I teamed up with his mate Paul to go and see Batman.. sorry The Dark Knight, at the IMAX cinema and WOW- what a good dark action movie with some crazy moments!!!!! I DO recommend it and all the stuff that has been said about the Joker ( i must admit i was one of those sceptics that thought it was all said because the man was dead and you don't speak ill of the dead) it was all true- HE WAS AMAZING! You wouldn't even know him for the same guy.
Now- just before you guys think that i have set up some sort of a movie review page I would just like to say that ... ahm.. It was the highlight of my week ;0) I just had to mention it but all done.

Another highlight of the week (excuse the pun) was that i went to get highlights for my hair and get it cut... and yes- i actually managed to break from the norm a little and get Francis to do it a bit differently this time. :) I have shorter hair now and a fringe. Very liberating after having the same hair style for the last .. ahm... 7-8 years!!

One of my mates has just put together a band and asked me to sing backup for him. He is the same guy that talked me into doing my first Shakespeare and he has also directed me in one other play after that. That is what I'm doing today so that should be a bit of fun.

Right-- I have big plans to Blog while I'm away so get ready for it! ;) (probably more in Iceland then the first week in Dubai and Paris and London)

Love to all.
xxxxxxx
Sifter.

No comments: