Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Only 3 more days... :(

Good grief- i can't believe it's almost finished. EEEEEEEEKKKKK My holiday i had been waiting for, for such a long time is nearly finished and i will have to go home to normal life and work.

My sister left this morning and that was a bit sad for me. I did put on a brave face for her but when she left i felt a wee bit sad in my eyes.... if you are smart you will know what i mean. But as we are bestest friends we always stay in touch and who knows- maybe she'll be back in the lovely NZ before i know it. :) (crossing my fingers) We have had such an awsum time together going to spend time with our 2 fathers together, picking blueberries in the countryside, doing a late night ice cream mission and just generally hanging and talking about life and the way of the world. Now that she is gone my main focus is to catch up with people like family and friends and then it's off to the airport on Saturday morning for the long trip. This time it wont be so lavish as when Matt and I were able to stop in Dubai, Paris and London... this time it will be 3 hours to London- 10 hours there- 7 hours to Dubai- 3 hours there then about 20 hours to get to Auckland via Melbourne... Siiiigh- I guess since Matt managed to do this and live to tell the tale about it then i should be able to as well. ( and i have had a couple of goes at it before so I should be ok)

As much as i have been loving my holiday i am feeling the need to go home too and am missing Matt, the girls and my Kisa terribly.. as well as my bed, my house, my friends and my creature habits. I guess that is what holidays are for- getting time away lets you appreciate all the things that you end up finding routine-ish in your every day life.

Reykjavík awaits me- must dash.
xxx
Sif.

No comments: